Monday, November 12

Humpty Dumpty- Revisited



Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
All the king's horses and all the king's men,
Could not put Humpty Dumpty together again..


I fell and got broken too.

I was quietly seated on that pretty twig, one cold winter afternoon, when Peter Pan suddenly came up to me. He asked how am I coping with the weather. I told him that I was doing well. That little concern alone filled my heart with delight. My fondness for him grew, in each passing day, in each passing year, winter after winter..

When Wendy came back to Neverland, my winters felt colder. Peter Pan would no longer be there. Wendy was his world. Nevertheless, I survived... only to realize that I withered like the trees in fall in anticipation of a colder winter... without him.

There was a time when I can no longer handle it. For a fairy like me, holding two emotions at the same time is NOT POSSIBLE, and so when I feel pain, I only feel pain. Like Humpty Dumpty, I fell from that twig and got my heart broken. Funny, I thought that since my heart was shattered into pieces, I can feel a number of emotions at once.

I was wrong.. the ache just multiplied by the number of broken pieces..

Unlike Humpty Dumpty, I got friends who picked me up and put me together. They all came, the fairy of the flowers, the fairy of the dusk and dawn, the fairy of the waters, that of the woods, and my best buddy, the fairy of the fire.

And so I am whole again writing this account.
It's cold out here, up this tree.

I guess it's winter time again.

3 comments:

gypsy soul said...

heyyy...
i enjoyed reading your blog. you have interesting ideas. do keep posting, i'll be coming back for more..
for the record..i'm a tinkerbell fan myself..=)

Unknown said...

hey! am i not one of your fairies :))

Unknown said...

hey, am i not one of your fairies? :) keep posting :)